Welcome back! I hope your break was filled with family, fun, and rest.
This week we are starting our unit on Unity 3D and scripting with C#. This semester Video Game Design becomes a lot like AP Computer Science as we are going to learn how to write programs. This is a necessary skill for all who wish to make Video Games their career.
Agenda for the Week
Tuesday – Introduction to Unity
Wednesday – Getting comfortable with the Unity Editor – Don’t forget professional dress day
Thursday – C# Scripting – Variables – get a copy of the class notes here: Variables Notes
Friday – C# Scripting – Assigning and changing values of Variables
These are some questions you should be able to answer by the end of the week:
- What are the steps to making a new C# Script?
- Where do you put variables in a script?
- How do you declare variables (what do you type in)?
- What are the four types of variables covered and what kind of information do they hold?
- How do you assign a value to a variable?
- How do you change the value of a variable?