We are going to be turning our projects into RPG games. To prepare for this, we are going to be creating objects for our games and NPC / Enemies.
- Model in Maya LT an object for our game. We will put a class list together and you will be assigned an object.
- Texture your object and import into Unity to make sure it looks good.
- Create an NPC / Enemy for the game. Use Mixamo.com and Fuse.
- We will create a list as a class and assign you an NPC / Enemy
- Get the following animations for your model: Idle, Walk, Run, Attack
- Import the model and animations into Unity
- Create an animator controller for your model and setup the following parameters to control the animations
- bool walk – when true walk – when false idle
- bool run – when true go from idle to run – when false go from run to idle
- trigger attack – plays the attack animation whenever triggered
- Use the root motion method to move the NPC / Enemy
- Create a script that controls the animations when the following keys are pressed
- 1 – idle
- 2 – walk
- 3 – run
- 4 – attack
- Modeled Object – 50 points
- Object modeled in Maya LT is the assigned object.
- Object is low-poly and textured
- Object is imported into Unity
- Object is easy to understand (players will recognize what it is with out having to be told)
- NPC / Enemy – 50 points
- Model is appropriate for the type of NPC / Enemy assigned
- All required animations are included and look good
- Animator controller is setup with the required parameters and model transitions between animations correctly.