Mr. Page’s Classroom Policies
- Class Website
The class website will be updated weekly with assignments, due dates, class announcements, and resources. Policies, syllabi, and other pertinent information is posted permanently there. It is the student’s responsibility to check the website daily.
The website address is: www.scriptingisfun.com
- Tutoring Times
Computer lab is open for tutoring, make-up work, or independent study on Thursdays before school from 8:10 – 8:40, and after school from 4:00 – 4:45. Check the class website for modifications to available times (this will be updated weekly). Only students from my classes are allowed in the lab during tutoring times.
- Missing Work
Students will be given a date on which assignments are due. After the due date, missing assignments will be accepted at a reduced score not to exceed a 70%. All work for a grading period must be turned in at least one week before the end of the grading period – see the class website for specific dates.
- Grading Policy
We follow KISD District Grading policies and procedures found on the Career Center’s website which can be found at www.killeenisd.org on the school page.
- Tardy Policy
Tardiness will be assessed as per KISD Student Handbook, and will be documented accordingly. Students are to be in class, seated, and ready to start when the bell for the beginning of class starts to ring.
- Expectations of Students
- No leaving the classroom except in the case of an emergency.
- No leaving the classroom the first 10 or last 10 minutes of class.
- Classroom seats are NOT assigned until the end of the first week, the teacher reserves the right to move students if needed.
- Observe the Career Center core values of collaboration, integrity, responsibility, professionalism, service, and honesty.
- Demonstrate courtesy and respect for others, even when others do not.
- Use appropriate manners in speech and actions towards others. Inappropriate gestures, teasing, or put-downs are not acceptable behaviors for the Career Center students.
- Respect the rights and property of others, as well as district property and facilities.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe environment by following campus and classroom rules and the KISD Student Code of Conduct.
- Follow KISD published dress code.
- Observe “Professional Dress” every Wednesday.
- Substitute Teacher
Substitute teachers are guest in my classroom and should be given the respect of all students while I am not present.
KISD Career Center
Discipline Management Plan
In order to guarantee you and all students in my classroom, the excellent learning climate you deserve, I utilize the Killeen ISD discipline plan in my classroom. I believe all students can behave appropriately, and will NOT tolerate any student preventing me from teaching and/or any student from learning.
8. Professional Wednesday Dress Grades
Every Wednesday students will receive a formative grade for practicing the very important skill of dressing in a professional manner.
Students in the Arts, A/V cluster of classes will wear:
- A collared shirt (polo or button down)
- Slacks or Khakis
- Nice shoes – can be tennis shoes or dress shoes
- Girls may wear a dress or skirt if they wish
Discipline Hierarchy of Steps
1st Offense Non-verbal (or verbal) warning
2nd Offense Student-Teacher conference / parent contact
3rd Offense Counselor Intervention (optional based on availability of counselors)
4th Offense Discipline referral with parent contact
Positives for student success:
- Positive emails to parents
- Verbal Praise
- Classcraft Rewards (www.classcraft.com)
Consequences for not adhering to the rules stated above:
- Teacher Warning
- Classcraft Penalties
- Student-Teacher Conference
- Parent Contact
Automatic referral for severe and repeated violations.