4th Period Select Units Scripts
Revised Scripts for moving units
4th Period UnitScript
Instructions for Friday 1/19
Keep working on your individual piece of the first part of our game. You should have something to show me on Monday. Have a good weekend.
Instructions for Thursday 1/18
Students – I am still sick and might be out for the rest of the week. Please work in your groups to start creating assets for the start of the game. List on your groups pages who is working on what. I will be looking for progress on these items when I return.
Instructions for Wednesday 1/17
Students – I have had the flu all weekend and am still not recovered. Today you will start moving to the next phase of development. In your teams, you need to make a prioritized list of all game assets needed to setup the staring scene of the game. This includes all: models, items, enemies, menu UI, scripts, background story, etc…
Add a page to your groups section of the OneDrive document detailing out your list. We will use these later this week to start assigning out pieces of the project to individuals.
Please work hard and think about the details.
December 4 – 11 Space Game
We are finishing up our space game this week. Your final version is due on Friday this week (December 8).
Rubric for Space Game Group Grade – Summative
- Game runs without errors
- Game can be won and lost
- You can start and quit the game
- Player can figure out how to control the game and how to play/win
- Game is fun and engaging
- Menus and UI are present and add to the game
Rubric for Individual Grade – Summative
- All parts of the game that fall in your area of responsibility and complete and error free
- Modelers (all objects are modeled and textured)
- Programmers (all scripts are functioning and error free)
- Class Time was used well – On task and working on project.
October 19 – 25 Learning Maya LT
We are going to learn a lighter version Maya called Maya LT over the next couple of days. You will be going to lynda.com and logging in with your school email and password. Your school email is your firstname.lastname@example.org and the password should be your regular computer password or your first three letters of your last name + your ID#. Here is a link to the lynda.com course Learning Maya LT.
Make sure you follow along in Maya LT and recreate what the instructor is doing. I will be looking for your final product at the end of the course.
Here is your goals for completing the course:
- Part 1 – the Maya Interface
- Part 2 – Selecting and Manipulating Objects
- Part 3 – Organizing Scenes
- Part 4 – Creating Polygonal Models
- Part 5 – Polygonal Meshes
- Finish Part 5 – Polygonal Meshes
- Part 6 – Creating Materials
- Part 7 – Applying Textures
- Part 8 – Animating in Maya LT
- Part 9 – Exporting Assets
Rigging and Skinning Your Character
Look at this video to see an example of how to rig and skin your model for animation. Rigging and Skinning Video
Instruction for Monday 10/2/17 – Thursday 10/5/17.
Students, I am at the Unity Conference in Austin this week. I found a good video on making a simple character in Maya for you to watch.
Your goal is to watch the video and try to recreate what is being done in Maya. This should help you to get started on your own character model. The video is here: Maya:Simple Character Part 01 – Modeling
If you want to put your own reference drawings in Maya, take a picture of your drawings and load it into your computer.
After watching the video and practicing, make your own character in Maya.
On Monday and Tuesday watch the video and practice modeling.
On Wednesday and Thursday model your own character. Be ready to move on to rigging and animating on Friday.
Instructions for Tuesday 9/26/17.
Students, today you will completing your point and click movement system that we went over yesterday. I have a video reviewing point and click here Point and Click Video. When you are done with that you will start to develop a character for your game that you are going to model in Maya.
Design your character:
- Fill out the Character Sheet for your character. You can get a digital copy here character_sheet Use this form to help you fill in the character sheet character-creation-process
- Sketch your character from the front, side, and back. These should be full body sketches – we will be using these to help us in the modeling process. There is paper on the shelf by the printer.
I will be checking/grading the point and click movement system on Wednesday. There should be NO games or videos on your screens unless they are from my videos on what you are working on..